rite college basketball players in the country this

rite college basketball players in the country this

bellis555

4 May 2017 at 05:46
The Blue Jays have had some great managers over their history. Justin Houston Chiefs Jersey . Cito Gaston led them to back-to-back World Series titles and one day will be in the Hall of Fame. Bobby Cox guided the Jays to their first American League East title and post-season appearance in 1985 and will be enshrined in Cooperstown this summer. Yet, if you ask Toronto media types of a certain vintage which manager was the most intriguing, challenging, but engaging to deal with, the answer is invariably Jim Fregosi. He was irascible, cantankerous, funny and, at times, profane. He was a walking encyclopedia of baseball stories, warm and generous and had a kind of charisma that made him the centre of attention whenever he walked into a room. Jim Fregosi, a baseball lifer, passed away in the wee, small hours of Friday morning in a Miami hospital after being removed from life support only hours earlier. He had suffered multiple strokes while on a baseball alumni fan cruise last weekend in the Bahamas. He was 71 years old. Fregosi came to the Blue Jays in the spring of 1999 under difficult circumstances. He was brought to restore credibility to an organization that had just fired skipper Tim Johnson during spring training after just one season on the job. Johnson, though keeping the team in contention for a playoff spot until the final couple of weeks in 1998, effectively "lost" the team after his stories of war heroism in Vietnam proved to be total fabrication. Fregosi was a no-nonsense skipper, who was also a players manager as he showed during his years with the Philadelphia Phillies that peaked with the World Series loss to the Blue Jays in 1993. What I loved about him was his ability to take and give shots in a good natured way without letting things develop into an adversarial situation. That spring of 1998, I left my tape recorder running after a brief interview, as I knew he would continue answering questions from the beat writers from the Toronto papers. It was old school to talk with the writers separately. Fregosi looked at me and asked what I was still doing with the microphone in his face. I jokingly said "Because you always give the best stuff to the writers after the recorders are shut off." He shot me a glance that made me think I had crossed a line, but after a short pause, he just laughed and kept on talking. We seemed to get along well partly because I enjoyed hearing stories from his playing days when he was a star with the expansion California Angels or just getting his take on certain current-day players or changes hed like to see in the game. One time after leaving what was then Skydome, I was making the trek back to a parking lot about a mile or so away. Suddenly, a car started honking at me. It was Fregosi, wanting to know if I wanted a ride. Though I was about halfway to where I was going and it wasnt raining or anything, I jumped right into his car, just for an opportunity to share one of those "real" moments. Another time in Spring Training, on a drive to Fort Myers, I was driving along the Interstate at a pretty good clip when another car passed me. It was Fregosi laughing and waving, having opted to take his own car on the trip that day rather than the team bus. He was just fun to be around. He told me once about his huge collection of baseball memorabillia. He told me he didnt even know how much he had, just that he often donated items to different charities to auction off. There was one point during that 1999 season that I thought I had upset Fregosi. His attitude towards me seemed to change. He wasnt laughing and joking with me as much and his answers became curt and serious. After a couple of weeks of this, I mustered up my courage and went to his office at the ballpark to find out what was wrong. After I stated my case, he got up out of his chair, put his arm around my shoulder, laughed and said "Nothing is wrong, I just like messing with people." Well, he put it in much more graphic language than that. I laughed, too, and felt an immense sense of relief. Though the Blue Jays only finished third in each of Fregosis seasons and their combined record was just 167-157, they were at least in the conversation about making the playoffs, especially in 1999. After the 2000 season, with Rogers coming in as owners, Jim Fregosi was fired. In later years, it kind of reminded me of the way MLSE got rid of Brian Burke. It was Jim Fregosis last job as a Big League skipper. Fregosi really had a remarkable career. He was a six-time All-Star third baseman with the Angels after being selected from the Boston in the expansion draft in 1960. He won a Gold Glove and, though ultimately becoming a journeyman bench player, he stuck it out in the Majors for 18 seasons. Fans voted him the greatest Angel of all-time in a poll conducted in conjunction with MLBs 100th anniversary. One day after the Pittsburgh Pirates released him in 1978, he was hired to manage the Angels by their owner, the legendary "Singing Cowboy," Gene Autry. With Fregosi at the helm, the Angels won their first division title in 1979. He also managed the Chicago White Sox, the Phllies and the Blue Jays. He had worked in the front office of the San Francisco Giants and for the past 13 years as an advisor to the general manager with the Atlanta Braves. It was a shame that, as a player, he was often defined by the trade that sent him from the Angels to the New York Mets on December 10, 1971. The Mets gave up four players in that swap. Three didnt really pan out, but the other, Nolan Ryan, turned into one of the greatest pitchers of all-time. But Fregosi could even joke about that in his self-deprecating way, saying he was the key player in the deal and actually, at the time, the Mets thought he was. Jim Fregosi was not a Hall of Fame player, but when you look at his entire body of work, as a player, a manager and a front office type, I believe one day he deserves to find a place in Cooperstown. Justin Houston Womens Jersey .com) - Ames, IA (SportsNetwork. Dee Ford Jersey .com) - Damian Lillard poured in 40 points on 11-of-21 shooting to go along with 11 assists, and the Portland Trail Blazers stunned the Oklahoma City Thunder, 115-111, in overtime on Tuesday. www.prochiefsauthentic.com/Youth-Larry-Johnson-Elite-Jersey/ . Unlike last year when nobody got in, there have been estimates of as many as five getting voted in this time around and as few as one, Greg Maddux.AMES, Iowa -- With about 9 minutes left in Iowa States game with TCU, Georges Niang of the Cyclones caught teammate Melvin Ejim looking up at the giant scoreboard that hangs over the centre of the court. "Im like, whats he looking at?" Niang said. "I looked up and he had 35 (points) and I was like, holy smoke, this could be a crazy night." That it was. Ejim scored a Big 12-record 48 points, making 20 of 24 shots, and grabbed a career-high 18 rebounds to lead No. 16 Iowa State past TCU 84-69 on Saturday, keeping the Horned Frogs winless in the conference. Ejim had two 3-pointers and six dunks during his big game, one on a spectacular fast-break lob from DeAndre Kane that gave the Cyclones (18-4, 6-4 Big 12) a 67-52 lead and effectively put the game out of reach. "It was teamwork," Ejim said. "These guys just did a great job finding me in transition and getting me the ball in places where I could score. They made really selfless plays. We were just giving up the ball and luckily, I was on the receiving end." A 6-foot-6 senior, Ejim scored 20 straight Iowa State points during one stretch in the second half and easily notched his 30th career double-double. He padded his lead in the Big 12 scoring race with a performance that topped the previous conference record of 44 points by Kansas States Denis Clemente in 2009 and the Wildcats Michael Beasley in 2008. His previous high had been 23 points against Oklahoma last season. Iowa States school record is 54 by Lafester Rhodes in an overtime victory over Iowa in 1987. Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg, who once scored 41 in a game for the Cyclones, said Ejims record is all the more impressive considering it came in a league that has produced the likes of Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin. "All the great players that have gone through this league and Melvin Ejims name is at the top," he said. "Thats unbelievable for a guy that maybe doesnt get as much credit as he deserves. The Cyclones needed those points because TCU (9-13, 0-10) kept matching them basket for basket down the stretch. Ejim stayed in the game until 19.9 seconds weree left, when he left to a lengthy standing ovation. Marcus Allen Womens Jersey. . "We were just playing," he said. "I wasnt really looking up to see how much I had. These guys just kept telling me to be aggressive, keep playing. I think I figured it out when they started chanting my name." Niang added 11 points and Kane finished with 10 assists for the Cyclones, who avoided a letdown after their thrilling three-overtime victory at Oklahoma State on Monday, their first win in Stillwater since 1988. Kyan Anderson led the Horned Frogs with 27 points and eight assists. Amric Fields scored 18 points and Karviar Shepherd had 11 for TCU, which was coming off single-digit losses to Texas Tech and No. 15 Texas, but could not keep up with the Cyclones and the high-flying Ejim. "I got back to Melvin back on (Big 12) media day," TCU coach Trent Johnson said. "He is one of my favourite college basketball players in the country this year. I think he is really underrated. He is a hell of a kid, at least from the interaction Ive had with him. He plays extremely hard and he is very efficient." The game was expected to offer a break for the Cyclones after they played four straight against Top 25 teams and eight in a row against teams that were ranked at one time or another. But the Horned Frogs proved to be a little more stubborn than anticipated despite a horrible start. TCU gave up the ball on a shot clock violation on the games first possession, Dustin Hogue followed with a 3-pointer and Iowa State led from then on as the Horned Frogs missed nine of their first 10 shots. Despite some sloppy play at times, the Cyclones built a 16-point lead late in the first half, then had the lead whittled to seven before Ejim went on his tear to wrap it up. TCU shot 29.6 per cent in the first half and did not have more baskets than turnovers until Anderson hit the second of two straight 3-pointers with 45 seconds left in the first half, cutting the lead to 32-22. "We battled," Johnson said. "For us to be within striking distance with about four minutes to go, I cant fault what our kids did." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

clibin009

9 Jan 2018 at 02:55
clb0109
adidas yeezy boost 350
coach handbags outlet
nike outlet
supreme shirts
canada goose coats
kate spade handbags
coach outlet online
adidas yeezy boost
michael kors outlet online